July 31, 2015

JULY BEAUTY FAVOURITES


Since it's the last day of July today, I thought I would post about the products that I have been loving this month. Most of these are old products that I started using again, one is a product that I have been loving for months, and another is a product that I only got last month, but have been using every single day! I didn't buy any beauty products this month, as I was saving money to spend in Sephora when I went to America a few days ago, which I will be telling you about once I have tried and tested them for a few weeks, so check back for posts about them in August!

My first favourite this month is my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in the shade 'Siberia'. Although I've had this for about seven months now, I stopped using it for a few months when I got my Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation, which has a lighter, more dewy coverage, which I tend to prefer in the spring and summer months. However, as my skin broke out a bit due to exam stress, I went back to this foundation as I wanted more coverage, but still with a natural finish. I have to say, this foundation is amazing and I have been using it constantly for the past few weeks, as it has quite good coverage, but it still looks extremely natural on the skin, and it is not cakey at all. Look out for a full review on this foundation in the coming month!

My second favourite this month is another NARS product, the NARS 'Deep Throat' Blush. Like the foundation, I have had this blush for quite a long time, but I stopped using it when I got my Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in 'First Love'. When I went on holiday, I brought this blush with me, and I fell in love with it again. It gives a lovely, natural peachy-pink glow to your cheeks, without being overly shimmery or glittery.

My third favourite this month is my Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 'Boy'. This is a very sheer, 'my lips but better' pinky shade that feels like a lip balm on the lips. It is very moisturising, but it also has a nice amount of colour in it. I have been using this lipstick nearly every day since I got it for Christmas, although I did get a new one last week as my mum took my old one to use for a few months when she ran out of hers, and she bought me a new one last week. Although this lipstick does seem quite pricey, especially as it is so sheer, it is the best lipstick I have ever tried, and I like that it is sheer because it means that I can wear it all the time.

My fourth beauty favourite this month is my Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in 'Cara D'. I got this product last month when my mum treated me to a few products after my exams. Before using this, I used my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz every day, which I liked, but even though I have quite thick brows, I do need to fill in some gaps and even them out, and I found that the tiny nib took ages to fill in my brows properly. I much prefer this Charlotte Tilbury eyebrow pencil, as the shades are very cool and this particular shade, Cara D, matches my eyebrows perfectly. The spoolie on the end of it is also the best one I have ever tried, and it is great at brushing up the brow hairs to make your eyebrows look fuller! There is also a highlighter for under the brow bone in this pencil, but I do not use it because it is a bit too dark and shimmery for my skin tone. This eyebrow pencil reminds me of the Hourglass Eyebrow Pencil, which my mum loves and uses, but I prefer the shade of the Charlotte Tilbury pencil, as it isn't as warm.

My last favourite this month is another Charlotte Tilbury product, the Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick Black Liquid Eyeliner. I bought this for myself back in November when I wanted to learn how to use liquid eyeliner, as I was the worst person in the world at using it, and I found that while it made using liquid eyeliner much easier than before, I still couldn't get the hang of it. I decided to try and use it again about a month ago, and I was so surprised at how easy it is to get a perfect straight line using this pen! Using the side of it, I press the liquid into my lashline, and I do this from the inner to outer corners of my eyes. This pen is so easy to use, and the nib of the pen is stiff, so it doesn't move. The product is also great, it lasts on my eyelids for about 10-12 hours. It isn't exactly waterproof, but the eyeliner doesn't smudge at all, and it is very hard to get off at the end of the day with eye makeup remover. This is the best liquid eyeliner I have ever tried, although I do want to try the Tom Ford Eye Defining Liquid Eyeliner Pen next, but as it is a lot more expensive, I don't think I will!

These were all of my favourite products that I have been using over the past month. They are all amazing products that I know I will be using in the future also.