July 10, 2015

KIKO LONG LASTING CREAM EYESHADOW STICKS REVIEW

From left to right: 28, 06, 25, 44, 05
During the summer, I prefer to use cream eyeshadow rather than powder, as they have much longer staying power on me, and they are easy just to put a wash of colour all over the lid without going to too much effort. I love using cream eyeshadow sticks rather than the pots, as they are so simple to use. My favourite cream eyeshadow sticks are the KIKO Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow ones, which at only €6.90 are a steal. I have amassed quite a collection of these cream eyeshadow sticks, but I am just going to talk about my five favourites for now.

The first cream eyeshadow stick I am going to talk about is 28 Bright Ivory. This is a great base for powder eyeshadow, as when blended out a bit, it is the same colour as my skin, so it makes a great neutral base for powder eyeshadow. It also increases the longevity of any eyeshadow that I put on top of it. When blended out, this cream shadow stick gives a nice sheen to the lids, without being shimmery or sparkly, which makes it the perfect everyday base for eyeshadow.

The second cream eyeshadow stick is 06 Golden Brown. This is an amazing bronze colour on the lids, and when blended out into the crease too, it makes an amazing bronze smokey eye. This cream eyeshadow stick is quite shimmery, but it is not overly sparkly.

The third cream eyeshadow stick I am going to talk about is 25 Light Taupe. Like 28, it is a great base for under eyeshadow, as it is a light taupey colour that makes a great neutral base for powder eyeshadow. It is also great on it's own, as blended out it can give a slight wash of colour to the lids without being too obvious or noticeable. This eyeshadow stick is completely matte, with no shimmer or sparkle whatsoever.

The fourth cream eyeshadow stick is 44 Ocean Blue. I got this after seeing Lily Pebbles' video where she uses a different blue KIKO cream eyeshadow stick as a liner. When I went to get it, it was unfortunately out of stock, so I picked this one up instead. It is an amazing electric blue colour that I can't imagine wearing out, but even so, I love trying out new looks with it when I am at home. This cream eyeshadow stick is also matte, which would make it great to use as a base for a blue eyeshadow look, or even a navy eyeshdow look, as it would bring out the blue.

The last, and my favourite, KIKO cream eyeshadow stick is 05 Rosy Brown. I bought this after reading that it was an exact dupe for the ByTerry Ombre Blackstar in the shade Misty Rock, except for the fact that KIKO's offering is around €25 cheaper! As I do not own the ByTerry version, I cannot say if they are exactly the same, but KIKO's offering is an amazing shimmery rosy brown colour, that like 06, makes a great smokey eye when washed over the lid and blended into the crease. This cream eyeshadow stick is very shimmery with a slight sparkle, but once blended out it loses some of the sparkle.

KIKO Long Lasting Cream Eyeshadow Sticks are amazing, especially as they are so inexpensive. They have a very long lasting power, the shade range is excellent, and they are extremely easy to use. Unfortunately, there is no KIKO shop in Ireland, but you can order these online from the KIKO website, or like me, stock up on them when you are away on holidays, as there are KIKO shops all over Europe.