August 26, 2015

CHANEL ROUGE COCO AND ROUGE COCO SHINE LIPSTICKS REVIEW

From left to right: Rouge Coco Lipstick in 'Adrienne', Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 'Boy'
From left to right: Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 'Boy', Rouge Coco Lipstick in 'Adrienne'
I have always been a huge fan of Chanel lipsticks, and even from a very young age, I would always steal my mum's Chanel lipsticks and try them on myself! Last Christmas, I was lucky enough to receive the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 'Boy', which is now one of my favourite lipsticks ever. I bought my second Chanel lipstick a few weeks ago, which is the Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in 'Adrienne', which is part of the new relaunched 'Rouge Coco Lipsticks' collection with an improved, more hydrating formula.

First up, the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 'Boy' is a pinky-nude shade. The formulas of the lipsticks in Rouge Coco Shine range are very sheer and hydrating. It is also quite glossy on the lips, which I really like, and it looks very natural on the lips. The wear time isn't very long on this lipstick, only maybe 2-3 hours, and if you have just been eating or drinking, this lipstick will need to be reapplied afterwards, but as it is so quick and easy to apply that you don't even need a mirror, I never mind too much. One of my favourite things about this lipstick is how versatile it is; you can wear it as part of a very natural looking, daytime look, but it also is a great lip colour to wear with a smokey eye.

My newest Chanel lipstick, the Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in 'Adrienne', is a more brown-toned nude with a hint of pink. This is a part of the new relaunched 'Rouge Coco Lipsticks' collection, and the formulation of this lipstick is quite sheer, but not as sheer as the Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks. It can also be built up for a more opaque coverage on the lips. This lipstick also feels quite moisturising on the lips, and it doesn't accentuate dry patches. This lipstick also feels quite light on the lips and it doesn't feel sticky at all. The wear time of this lipstick is about 4 hours, but it does come off quite easily when eating or drinking so you will need to reapply it, but again, I don't really mind because as it is quite sheer, I can apply it without a mirror if I need to. I absolutely love the colour of this lipstick, as although it is a nude, it does not wash my pale complexion out and it lets some of your natural lip colour shine through, which makes it the perfect nude lip for me.

I use both of these Chanel lipsticks very frequently since I got each of them, and they are definitely two of my favourite lipsticks in my collection! Although they are quite expensive, I think you really do get what you pay for, from the extremely luxurious black and gold packaging with the Chanel logo on the lid, to the fantastic shade range in each collection and formulation of the lipsticks. There is definitely the perfect lipstick colour for everyone in each collection, and if you are thinking about treating yourself or someone else to a luxury lipstick, these would be a great choice.