August 02, 2015

URBAN DECAY NAKED 3 PALETTE REVIEW



From left to right: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick
From left to right: Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart
After having posted a review last week about the Naked 2 Palette, I thought I would continue my reviews about the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, and write about the third palette in the Naked range, the Naked 3 Palette. This is my second favourite Naked palette, with the original palette being my favourite. Although, on a recent trip to America, I managed to get my hands on the brand new Naked Smoky palette on the day it was released in stores, and it is fast becoming my favourite Naked palette! Check back on the 5th August for a review on the brand new Naked Smoky palette, which is also the day it is being released in Ireland.

Back to the Naked 3 palette, like all other main Naked palette, there are twelve eyeshadows. ranging from very light highlight and lid shades to darker, smokier crease and outer corner shades. This palette is great if pink toned eyeshadows suit you, as it can do everything, from an everyday rose toned eye, to a rosy-brown smokey eye. Like the Naked 1 and 2 palettes, most of the shadows in this palette are shimmery, with two quite sparkly shades, and three mattes. All of the eyeshadows in this palette are great quality and they are extremely pigmented, with the exception of the 'Dust' shade, which has a lot of fallout. These eyeshadows also last about 10-12 hours on my eyelids when using a primer, but without a primer, they still last about 6 hours on my extremely oily eyelids.

As I have very pale skin ('Siberia' in NARS Sheer Glow, 'Light 1' in Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder foundation, all other foundations are too dark for me), I find the pink tones in this palette very flattering on my pale skin and against my green eyes, but I know many people with medium and darker skintones who do not use this palette much, as it isn't as flattering on their skin. Because of this, I would make sure to test it in store before buying, or even asking a sales assistant to try it on you if you are in a department store. As this palette does suit my complexion, I love this palette and I am always using it, especially when going out at night or to a party, as I can create a light rose toned smokey eye that complements my skin and eyes perfectly. Because these shadows are situated in such a sturdy tin, I also love taking this palette with me when I go on holidays. The only bad thing about this palette, in my opinion, is the double-ended shader and crease brush that comes with it, as it is really bad. I have to admit that I threw it away after the first time using it, and I would advise you to use your own brushes instead!

One of my favourite eye looks using this palette is popping 'Trick' all over the eyelid, and blending 'Nooner' into the crease and blending it out, and then putting a tiny bit of the shades 'Factory' mixed with 'Darkside' into the outer corner. I then like to line my lashline with my Charlotte Tilbury 'Barbarella Brown' Rock n Kohl Eyeliner, and add lashings of mascara to complete the look.

I would recommend this palette to anyone who likes wearing rose toned eyeshadows, as it has twelve amazing shades all in one palette. The eyeshadows are fantastic quality, and they are very easy to use and blend, so I would recommend them to both beginners to makeup and people who love makeup.