September 04, 2015

URBAN DECAY NAKED BASICS PALETTE REVIEW




Since I have reviewed all four of the Urban Decay 'Naked' Palettes, it's time to move onto the 'Naked Basics' Palettes range. Today I will be reviewing the original Naked Basics Palette. This palette is definitely my most used palette out of all the Naked palettes, even the bigger ones, and it is so well loved that one or two of the shades are completely used up, so my friend kindly sent me pictures of her palette and swatches of the eyeshadows for this review!

Unlike the bigger Naked palettes, the Naked Basics palette only has six eyeshadows, rather than twelve. Also, all of the eyeshadows in this palette are matte, apart from 'Venus', which is a shimmery highlight shade that I love to use in the inner corners of the eyes. Like the other Naked palettes, the eyeshadows in the Naked Basics palette are amazing quality, and they are extremely pigmented, and although matte eyeshadows can sometimes be quite dry on the lids, these are extremely creamy and buttery. These eyeshadows are also extremely easy to blend, and there is never any fallout with any of the eyeshadows, even the darker ones, such as 'Crave'. These eyeshadows also last for quite a long time on my extremely oily eyelids, even without primer, as they last for around 6 hours before creasing and fading. With primer, however, they last for about 12 hours with no creasing or fading at all.

Although the shades in this palette may seem quite boring, they are extremely handy to have in my collection, and I use this palette whenever I want a soft, everyday eyeshadow look that isn't too noticeable. You could also use the darker shades to make a more daytime smokey eye look. I also love the size of this palette, as it is very small, so it is great for travelling. It is also great for throwing in your handbag for touching up throughout the day. This palette is extremely versatile, and although it is an eyeshadow palette, I have used the shades 'Naked 2' and 'Faint' on my eyebrows in the past and it has worked really well. The only downside about this palette to some people is that no brush is included with this palette, but as I never use the brushes that come with palettes anyway, I don't really mind, and I would rather have a smaller, thinner palette with no brush than have a much bigger, chunkier palette with a brush included.

Lately, I have been using this palette nearly every day. My favourite eyeshadow look using this palette is putting the shade 'W.O.S' all over my lid, as it is the same colour as my skin and it hides any veins on the eyelids, and then I blend the shade 'Naked 2' into my crease to define it. I usually stop here, but if you want to add more definition, then you can blend 'Faint' into the outer corners of the eyes and crease. After this, I usually apply black liquid liner to my lashline to define my eyes, and then I will apply lots of mascara.

I would recommend this palette to everyone. It is great for beginners as the eyeshadows are very easy to blend and the palette is easy to use, but I would also recommend it to people who are a bit more experienced in doing their makeup as it is very handy having a palette full of matte eyeshadows.